My consulting focuses on the economics of information technology, industries related to information technology, and issues related to the economics of consumer behavior or product demand. The types of cases I have worked on in the past include:
- Patent Damages assessment in patent litigation for operating systems software, e-commerce systems, network hardware, microprocessors, memory devices, communications equipment, mobile devices and embedded systems. (Representative cases: Stragent v. Intel, WARF v. Apple)
- Consumer Damages from fraud, false advertising, or product misrepresentation in laptop computers, software, as well as other consumer products outside the IT industry such as automobiles, trucks, all-terrain vehicles, pet food, appliances and beauty products. Many of these are consumer class actions. (Representative cases: Kelley et. al. v. Microsoft, Callaway et. al. v. Mercedes-Benz, various cases related to “Clean Diesel” litigation).
- Antitrust Issues in software and consumer electronics. (Representative Case: In Re TFT-LCD (flat panel) Antitrust Litigation)
- IT Industry Practices relating to enterprise software, security software, database software, media creation and development tools.
- IT Project Problems in a number of industries including data providers, grocery, hotels, government services and customer support providers.
I currently serve as a Senior Advisor to Cornerstone Research.